TE Connectivity introduces a range of new shield termination devices as part of the Raychem SolderSleeve family. The devices are specially developed to address the growing needs of high temperature applications in the aerospace and defense industry. As with other Raychem shield termination devices, these devices are offered in various sizes and ground lead configurations.
Devices help provide environmentally protected shield termination on cables with a temperature rating of 150°C minimum and 200°C maximum and silver or nickel-plated shields. Typical application for these devices is protecting and sealing RCE and BMS 13-60 cables (PTFE wrapped). Application is made possible by the newly developed heat-shrinkable sleeve and sealing inserts.
- Precisely engineered solder preform containing flux is encapsulated within a cross-linked heat-shrinkable sleeve and helps provide a completely soldered, strain-relieved termination
- Heat-shrinkable sleeve helps provide insulation and strain-relief, while allowing inspection
- Sealing inserts help to ensure reliable, environmental protection
- One-piece design allows for a single-step, simplified installation, and a low total installed cost
- Patented bi-alloy temperature indicator works as a process control aid and simplifies operator training