Littelfuse Reflowable Thermal Protection (RTP) devices can withstand the demanding environmental, life, and reliability requirements of automotive and industrial applications, including shock, vibration, temperature cycling, and humidity exposures.
In the field, an RTP device opens if its internal junction exceeds the device’s specified open temperature. Temperature increases can have multiple sources, one of which is component failure (i.e. when using power components such as a power FET, capacitor, resistor, triac, etc.). The RTP device open temperature is selected so that the device does not open within normal component operating windows, but it does open in a thermal runaway event and before the melt temperature of typical lead free solders.
- Opens at temperature below critical thermal threshold
- Compatible with up to 3 Pb-free solder reflow processes with peak temperatures up to 260°C
- Low series resistance
- DC interrupt voltage capable
- Robust design for harsh environment tested per stringent qualification specification
- RoHS compliant, lead and halogen free
- Helps provide protection against thermal runaway for power FETs and other components if failure occurs in applications such as automotive HVAC, ABS, power steering, DC/DC converters, PTC heaters, etc. or IT servers, telecom power, converters, etc.
- Other DC thermal protection