TE Connectivity AMP and Digi-Key are pleased to announce the latest range of TE's LED holder solutions which enable the adoption of Bridgelux, Cree, Citizen, Everlight, Nichia, OSRAM, Seoul Semiconductor, and Sharp COB LEDs. The TE Connectivity Solderless LED holders are small, low-profile solutions that provide a quick and easy solderless connection to the specific LED.
Providing reliable power connection, mechanical attachment, proper thermal force, and secondary optics attachment features for chip on board and array LEDs enables designs to be more reliable, easier to use, and faster to market.
- Contacts allow for a reliable and consistent connection to the LED
- Eliminates the need for hand soldering LEDs, keeping the LED from unnecessary heat and the surface clear of solder flux spatters
- Metal spring option enhances heat sink pressure to the thermal interface material (TIM) without damaging (ceramic) substrates
- Offers design flexibility with one or two piece configurations
- The housing design minimizes shadowing to maximize LED output
- Flat design offers an optic landing area for ease of assembly