TE Connectivity AMP's CoolSplice connectors elegantly combine reliability with ease of termination. The CoolSplice connector from TE is suitable for splicing 22 AWG to 18 AWG (0.34 mm² to 0.75 mm²) solid and stranded wire. A common pair of pliers is used to push-button terminate insulated wires into an insulation displacement crimp contact. An industry proven reliable connection is provided and visually confirmed through the clear sidewall of the CoolSplice connector.
The CoolSplice Connector portfolio has been expanded to include connectors suitable for larger wire sizes. All CoolSplice connectors allow for push button termination using a common pair of pliers. Both wires are terminated independently for ease of use, and this feature allows for factory pre-termination of one wire and field termination of the second during installation. All CoolSplice connectors offer a gel-filled sealed version of the standard product extending use of CoolSplice into harsh environment applications requiring ingress protection from the elements. A thoughtful design includes a clear body material for visual inspection of the termination and to distinguish between TE’s standard and sealed product. Red, yellow, and blue color-coded termination buttons take the guesswork out of matching wire size to appropriate connector.
- Enable a waterproof solution with an IP rated splice
- Suitable for solid and stranded wire
- Time saving termination using standard tools
- Fits through 16 mm hole
- Easy factory or field installation using independent push button termination for left and right side of the connector
- Save installation time and eliminate the need to pre-strip wires with insulation displacement technology (IDC)
- Inventory three P/Ns to accommodate eight different wire combinations
- Commercial refrigeration lighting
- Display and cabinet lighting
- Lighting in furniture
- Outdoor lighting
- Signs and building façade lighting
- Security and alarm systems
- Audio speaker connections