TE Connectivity announces the approval to be on the military qualified parts list (QPL) for AS85049/82 to /90 band strap adapters and /128 band straps. AS85049 is a military specification for connector accessories designed to work with military connectors like those built to MIL-DTL-38999. The AS85049 industry standard is used on most military circular connectors including M38999. TE Connectivity offers a wide-selection of sizes, materials, and platings to meet customers needs. The band-strap termination system provides ease of installation and repair.
TE Connectivity also offers the corrosion-resisting steel bands in three styles to help meet the customer’s shield. The M85049 band straps and adapters feature side-entry band straps, making them easier to install and repair, and providing high-reliability under vibration due to their self-coupling locking nut. The product is used at the back of a connector to provide shielding, screening, and grounding to a cable harness, which helps provide EMI and RFI protection. The adapters are offered in straight, 45°C and 90° formats.
- Meets AS85049 NAVAIR standards, also known as M85049
- Self-coupling locking nut provides an improved mechanical protection against loosening under vibration
- Side-entry band straps for easier installation and repair
- Military ground vehicles
- Space-based systems
- One-step wide (1/4 inch wide): M85049/128-3
- One-step narrow (1/8 inch narrow): M85049/128-7
- Two-step (1/4 inch wide): M85049/128-1