The amount of static electricity that is charged and generated from the human body is generally thousands of volts or more. TDK's CGA3EA series consists of in-vehicle products that protect electronic components from static electricity. The series has passed the most rigorous level (level 4 - 8000 V) of ESD tests for contact discharge described under the IE61000-4-2 international standard.
TDK's CGA series multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCCs) are qualified to the CDF-AEC-Q-200 test standard. CGA parts are manufactured using tested and stable manufacturing processes and are subjected to increased inspection to offer a higher level of reliability guarantee.
TDK's CGA3EA series is an excellent choice for automotive and other higher-reliability applications requiring ESD protection on the PCB I/O connector points because it offers higher capacitance and improved voltage-breakdown characteristics. Using this ESD capacitor also provides a cost-friendly solution when deciding on component selection between an MLCC, varistor, or Zener diode. The CGA3EA family is available in 100 V with capacitances between 1 nF and 10 nF. It is available in C0G (125°C) or NP0 (150°C) temperature characteristics.
Available in Tape and Reel (-2-ND), Cut Tape (-1-ND), and custom Digi-Reel® (-6-ND).
Features and Benefits
Withstand Voltage Chart
View all CGA3EA Series MLCCs
- Qualified to CDF-AEC-Q-200
- Reliability (life test) condition identified in part number
- Up to 30+ kV of rated ESD capability
- Available in high temperature up to 150°C (X8R)
- RoHS, WEE, and REACH compliant
- Cost-effective in comparison to Zener diode and Varistor
- ESD suppression for I/O pins on the following systems connected to a wiring harness:
- Automotive engine control units
- Automotive keyless-entry systems
- Automotive sensor modules
- Automotive navigation systems