Solid State Drives (SSD) are drop-in replacements for traditional 2.5" hard disk drives (HDD). Swissbit offers the Parallel ATA (PATA) interface SSD with 44-pin IDE connector with up to 32 GB of flash memory. Also available is the Serial ATA (SATA) interface SSD with SATA connector.
Because SSD’s have no moving parts, vibration and shock tolerance is extended significantly, making them a perfect choice for mobile applications where durability and reliability are crucial. No moving parts also remove the mechanical latencies found in traditional hard disk drives. This directly translates into faster start-up times and extremely low read and write latency times.
Temperature ranges are extended and mean time between failure (MTBF) is improved many times compared with traditional HDDs, resulting in a longer operational life of the drive. Offered in standard or industrial temperature ranges, the Swissbit 2.5" SSD is ideal for a wide range of applications in both commercial and industrial markets.
- Form factor:
- 2.5-inch SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 100.2 mm x 70.0 mm x 9.0 mm
- Replacement of a standard SATA-compliant hard disk drive
- 7+15 pin (SATA+power) SATA connector
- Interface: SATA Rev 2.6 - 3 Gbit/s
- Low-power CMOS technology
- RoHS compatible
- 5.0V ± 10% power supply (3.3 V optional)
- Low power, less than 500 mA
- Available densities 4 GB up to 64 GB (SLC NAND Flash)
- S.M.A.R.T., HPA, Security and 48 bit feature set