STMicroelectronics high-voltage converters integrate a PWM controller and a high-voltage power MOSFET (800 V) in a single chip, featuring a robust and compact AC-DC solution.
VIPerPlus offline converters offer 800 V avalanche-rugged power section, as well as numerous features to reduce external components count and ensure efficient AC-DC conversion. They feature extremely-low total power consumption (less than 30 mW at 265 V) from the mains when the system is in standby mode. Constant-current operation with an adjustable set point allows use with all mains voltages in SMPS designs up to 30 W.
- High efficiency using quasi-resonant version
- Easily meets all energy-efficiency regulations
- Ultra-low power-supply consumption: 30 mW standby at 265 V
- Avalanche-rugged 800 V power section for high robustness and reduced clamp cost
- Jittering feature reduces EMI filter cost and helps meet the EN550022 class B specifications