The TS4961TIQT from STMicroelectronics is a smart combination of one mono class D audio power amplifier and a high speed CMOS low-voltage dual power analog SPST. One of the key functions of this device is the switching of two audio signals through the loudspeaker. It can drive up to 1.6 W into a 4Ω load and 0.95 W into an 8Ω load. It is designed to operate from 2.4 V to 4.3 V, making the device ideal for portable applications.
Class D Audio Amplifiers are an attractive solution for all mobile applications. One of the serious advantages as compared to class AB audio amplifiers is the very high efficiency, rating up to 90%. This translates simply into a more powerful audio signal for the same power consumption used for an equivalent class AB circuit. Class D topology also offers a simplified, filter-free circuit design, leading to a lower total component count for any given application.
- Supply voltage from 2.4 V to 4.3 V
- Audio amplifier standby mode active low
- Dual power SPST with separated control
- Low current consumption 2 mA at 3 V
- Efficiency: 88% typical
- PWM base frequency: 250 kHz
- Low pop and click noise
- PSSR: 63dB typical at 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- Output power: 1.6 W at 4.2 V or 0.75 W at 3 V into 4Ω with 1% THD+N max
- Mobile phones
- Smart phones
- Digital MP3 players
- Notebook PCs
- Small battery operated gadgets