STMicroelectronics' watchdog timer circuits are self-contained devices used to detect an out-of-control MCU, thus improving system reliability. The STWD100 prevents system failures caused by certain types of hardware errors (non-responding peripherals, bus contention) or software errors (bad code jump, code stuck in loop). The STWD100 offers low power consumption for minimal impact on system total consumption, a choice of multiple time-out periods for maximum flexibility and comes in small packages simplifying board space optimization.
- Current consumption 13 µA typ.
- Available watchdog timeout periods are 3.4 ms, 6.3 ms, 102 ms, and 1.6 s
- Chip-enable input
- Open drain or push-pull WDO output
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- Package SOT23-5, SC70-5 (SOT323-5)
- Security equipment
- Financial systems
- Medical equipment
- Networking devices
- Communication, computer, consumer, and medical