The STMicroelectronics STP16CPC05 is a new 16-bit LED driver which is able to provide constant current to LEDs in order to ensure consistent brightness. The device contains a 16-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift register that feeds a 16-bit, D-type storage register. In the output stage, sixteen regulated current sources provide from 5 mA to 100 mA constant current to drive the LEDs.
The STP16CPC05`s output stage is designed to optimize the turn-on and turn-off time, typically 100 nS. The balanced turning ON/OFF improves the system performances reducing the bypass capacitance in applications where parasitic inductance generate ringing or noise in the system. The LEDs' brightness can be controlled by using an external resistor to adjust the STP16CPC05 output current.
The STP16CPC05 guarantees a 20 V output driving capability, allowing users to connect more LEDs in series. The high clock frequency, 30 MHz, makes the device suitable for high data rate transmission. The 3.3 V voltage supply is useful in applications that interface with a 3.3 V micro-controller.
- 20 V output driving capability
- 30 MHz clock frequency
- 3.3 V and 5 V supply voltage range
- Available in QSOP, SO, TSSOP, and TSSOP exposed Pad
- Adjustable output current through one external resistor, ranging from 5 mA to 100 mA
- Thermal shutdown
- Symmetrical output turn-on and turn-off
- 16 constant current output channels
- Serial data IN/parallel data OUT
- ESD protection 2.5 kV HBM, 200 V MM