The STOD02 from STMicroelectronics is a dual DC-DC converter meant to power AMOLED displays. It integrates a step-up and an inverting DC-DC converter making it particularly suitable for battery operated products.
The high frequency allows a reduction in the value and number of external components to just six. The enable pin allows the device to turn off, thus reducing the current consumption to less than 1 µa. The negative output voltage can be programmed by an MCU through a dedicated pin, which implements single-wire protocol. Soft-start with controlled inrush current limit and thermal shutdown are integrated functions of the device.
- Synchronous rectification for both DC-DC converters
- Programmable negative voltage by S-wire from -2.3 V to -5.9 V
- Pulse skipping mode in light load condition
- 1.6 MHz PWM mode control switching frequency
- True shutdown mode
- Fast outputs discharge circuit after shutdown
- Active Matrix Organic LED power supply (AMOLED)
- Mobile phones
- Digital still cameras