STMicroelectronics' STMPE16M31 and STMPE24M31 touch key controllers expand the existing portfolio of S-Touch™ products. In addition to 16 or 24 capacitive sensing channels, the controllers offer two built-in ratiometric engines for sliders and wheels. Eight independent PWM controllers allow for control of up to 16 LEDs. The I²C interface supports up to 400 kHz communication with the system host, and a very wide dynamic range allows most applications to work without hardware tuning.
- STMPE16M31QTR – 16-channel capacitive touch key controller with PWM and ratiometric engine operates from 2.7-5.5 V and is supplied in a QFN32 package.
- STMPE24M31QTR – 24-channel capacitive touch key controller with PWM and ratiometric engine operates from 2.7-5.5 V and is supplied in a QFN40 package.
- Notebook PC control bars
- Printer control panels
- Remote controls for audio/video products
- Front panel controls on appliances
- Industrial control panels in harsh environments
- Domestic control panels and LED indicator controllers
- Medical equipment, including portable devices