The transistors offer improved performance over industry standard ceramic parts and at a lower cost. RF gain is higher by 3 dB to 5 dB and thermal resistance is lower by a minimum of 20%. Operating voltage is 50 V for the SD29x2B devices and 100 V for the STAC3932B. The STAC(B) parts have aligned mounting holes and leads compared to the standard ceramic parts and will fit in the same circuits as the ceramics. Seating height is lower, but leads will be flush against the circuit in standard 60 mil boards.
The STAC(B) transistors have a wrap over cap that allows bolt down mounting. The devices are also 75% lower in weight compared to ceramics which may be important in mobile and avionic applications.
- Excellent thermal stability
- 50 V (STAC2932/42B) and 100 V (STAC3932B) operating
- Innovative STAC244B air cavity package
- Common source push-pull configuration
- 300 W minimum (STAC2932B)
- 350 W minimum (STAC2942B)
- 580 W typical (STAC3932B)