STMicroelectronics LDFM is a fast, very low drop linear regulator, which operates from an input supply voltage in the range of 2.5 V to 16 V.
It is available in fixed and adjustable output voltage versions, from 0.8 V to 12 V.
The LDFM features high output precision, very low dropout voltage, low noise, and low quiescent current, therefore suitable for low voltage microprocessors and memory applications.
Enable logic control pin and Power Good output are featured on the PPAK package.
Current and thermal protection is provided.
- Input voltage from 2.5 V to 16 V
- Very low dropout voltage (300 mV maximum at 500 mA load)
- Low quiescent current (200 μA typical at 500 mA load)
- Output voltage tolerance: ± 2% at 25°C
- 500 mA guaranteed output current
- Wide range of output voltages available on request: adjustable from 0.8 V, fixed up to 12 V in 100 mV steps
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown (PPAK)
- Power Good (on fixed versions in PPAK package)
- Fast dynamic response to line and load changes
- Internal current and thermal protection
- Temperature range: - 40°C to +125°C