The L6474 is the STMicroelectronics stepping driver designed to achieve high performance and optimize the application through simple, user-friendly control of the motor. This is realized in analog mixed signal technology, integrating a dual low RDS(on) DMOS full bridge with all power switches equipped, and accurate on-chip current sensing circuitry suitable for non-dissipative current control and overcurrent protections. Thanks to a new current control, a 1/16 micro stepping is achieved through an adaptive decay mode which outperforms traditional implementations.
All data registers, including those used to set analog values (i.e. current control value, current protection trip point, dead time, etc.) are sent through a standard 5 Mbit/s SPI. A very rich set of protections (thermal, low bus voltage, overcurrent) makes the L6474 “bullet-proof”, as required by the most demanding motor control applications.
- Programmable non dissipative overcurrent
protection on all power MOS
- 7.0 A output peak current (3.0 A RMS)
- Low RDS(on) power MOSFETS
- Two-level overtemperature protection
- Programmable power MOS slew-rate
- View all motor control solutions
- Current control with adaptive decay
- Non dissipative current sensing
- Up to 1/16 micro stepping
- SPI interface
- Operating voltage: 8 - 45 V
- Low quiescent and standby currents