The ST715xx is a high voltage, ultra low quiescent low drop linear regulator capable of providing an output current in excess of 85 mA. The device operates over an input voltage range spanning from 2.5 V to 24 V and is also stable with output ceramic capacitors. Fault condition protection includes short-circuit current limitation. The ultra low quiescent current of 3.8 µA at full load makes it highly suitable for low power applications and battery powered systems. Typical applications are mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), cordless phones and similar battery powered systems.
The wide input voltage range makes the ST715xx an ideal solution for low power industrial applications as well. The ST715xx is available in the DFN8 (3 x 3 mm) 8 leads or the SOT23-5.
- 2.5 V to 24 V input voltage
- Low dropout voltage (500 mV typ. at 85 mA)
- Very low quiescent current (3.8 µA typ. at full load)
- 85 mA guaranteed output current
- Output voltage: fixed or adjustable
- Compatible with ceramic output capacitors from 0.47 µF to 10 µF
- Internal current limit
- Package DFN8 (3 x 3 mm), SOT23-5L
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 125 °C