STMicroelectronics' BlueNRG is a very-low-power Bluetooth low energy (BLE) single-mode network processor, compliant with Bluetooth specification v4.0. The BlueNRG can act as master or slave. The entire Bluetooth low energy stack runs on the embedded Cortex-M0 core. The non-volatile Flash memory allows on-field stack upgrading. The BlueNRG allows applications to meet the tight advisable peak-current requirements imposed with the use of standard coin cell batteries. The maximum peak current is only 10 mA at 1 dBm of output power. Ultra-low-power sleep modes and very-short transition times between operating modes allow very-low average current consumption, resulting in longer battery life. The BlueNRG offers the option of interfacing with external microcontrollers using SPI transport layer.
- Bluetooth specification v4.0-compliant master and slave single-mode Bluetooth low energy network processor
- Embedded Bluetooth low energy protocol stack: GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL, RF-PHY
- Bluetooth low energy profiles provided separately
- Operating supply voltage: from 2.0 to 3.6 V
- 8.2 mA maximum TX current (at 0 dBm, 3.0 V)
- Down to 1.7 μA current consumption with active BLE stack
- Integrated linear regulator and DC-DC step-down converter