STMicroelectronics' STC3115 includes the hardware functions required to implement a low-cost gas gauge for battery monitoring. The STC3115 uses current sensing, Coulomb counting and accurate measurements of the battery voltage to estimate the state-of-charge (SOC) of the battery. An internal temperature sensor simplifies implementation of temperature compensation.
An alarm output signals a low SOC condition and can also indicate low battery voltage. The alarm threshold levels are programmable.
The STC3115 offers advanced features to ensure high-performance gas gauging in all application conditions.
- OptimGaugeTM algorithm
- 0.25% accuracy battery voltage monitoring
- Coulomb counter and voltage-mode gas gauge operations
- Robust initial open-circuit-voltage (OCV) measurement at power up with debounce delay
- Low battery level alarm output with programmable thresholds
- Internal temperature sensor
- Battery swap detection
- Low power: 45 μA in power-saving mode, 2 μA max in standby mode
- 1.4 x 2.0 mm 10-bump CSP package