Stackpole has achieved "UL Recognized Component" status for its 4 watt axial leaded fusible wirewound series, the SP3A, through qualification to UL1412 (File # E344795). This series has a welded element which combines the outstanding surge handling characteristics associated with wirewound resistors with the failsafe operation required by UL1412. This UL spec was created to ensure that electronic components do not pose a fire or electrical shock hazard. Stackpole's proprietary fusible resistor design yields a reliable and repeatable fusing characteristic so that the part fails quickly, safely, and without generating excess heat.
This type of component is ideal for protection of monitors, TV's, and displays. It is well suited for small motor protection in appliances, power tools, rear door lifts, sliding doors, and power seats in consumer and commercial vehicles. This component is also a good choice for HVAC monitoring and control systems, safety and security systems, and other commercial and industrial power and control applications.
- UL1412 recognized under file #E344795
- Robust welded resistance element for high surge withstanding
- Proprietary design provides fast fusing without generating excessive heat
- High temperature silicone coating
- Other non-UL certified sizes, resistance values, and tolerances are available.