Stackpole's RPC1206 and RPC0805 offer superior pulse handling compared to standard chip resistors. 5% tolerance RPC’s have best in class pulse handling. This performance is achieved through elimination of the resistance calibration trim, which is the weakest point in any chip resistor with respect to pulse handling. Standard chip resistors have pulse handling performance that varies greatly due to wide variations in laser trimming required to calibrate each part into value; this makes accurate characterization of the pulse handling behavior difficult. In addition, the RPC1206 in resistance values above 100 K ohms can withstand 1.5 KV surges of less than 50 microseconds; the RPC0805 100 K ohm value and higher can handle surges of over 1 KV.
Applications include power supply input/output protection, medical monitoring applications, many types of control systems such as those for motors and equipment, aviation and aerospace, protection for instrumentation, LED driver protection, communications infrastructure, commercial HVAC controls, wind and solar power controls, optical imaging, robotics, and automation.
- High pulse power handling up to 350 watts for the 1206 and 280 watts for the 0805
- Consistently reliable and repeatable pulse handling
- High pulse voltage handling per IEC60115-1 up to 1.5 KV for the 1206 and 1 KV for the 0805
- Broad resistance range 1Ω to 20 MΩ
- Tolerances down to 1% available
- TCR as low as 100 ppm
- Ideal for replacement of thru-hole pulse resistors or melfs
RPC1206 and RPC0805