The CSS4527 from Stackpole is a 5 W size, ultra-precision current sensing resistor. The CSS4527 features resistance values from 0.5 milliohms up to 120 milliohms, in tolerances down to 0.5% and 50 ppm TCR. The all-metal construction allows the CSS4527 to flex with the PCB in response to thermal stresses, where a ceramic-based, current-sense chip resistor may crack or have cracked solder joints. In addition, the CSS/CSSH series is capable of full power operation in temperatures up to 100°C and can operate in temperatures up to 225°C.
The CSS4527 is an ideal choice for current sensing in power supplies, motor controls, high power regulators, robotics, industrial controls, gasoline and diesel engine controllers, UPS systems, network diagnostic equipment, medical equipment, and rechargeable power tools.
- High temperature performance up to 225°C; for operation up to 275ºC, contact factory
- Proprietary processing technique produces extremely low resistance values
- High power, metal-alloy current-sense resistor
- Very low inductance (0.5 nH to 5 nH)
- Excellent frequency response
- Low thermal EMF (<1 µV/C)
- RoHS compliant/lead-free
- Resistance values as low as 0.5 milliohms
CSS4527 Series Chip Resistors