Stackpole Electronics' CSS/CSSH series of ultra-stable metal element current sense resistors are available in chip sizes from 1206 to 2728 and power ratings from 0.5 W to 4 W. The all-metal construction eliminates problems with part or solder-joint cracking, which are often a concern for larger chip sizes. This series is capable of resistance tolerances down to 0.5% and TCRs down to 15 PPM. This ensures precise power management over a wide range of ambient temperatures.
The CSS/CSSH series is designed for high current, high power, high temperature, and high precision current sensing requirements. The metal plate element and unique trimming process yields a highly stable device at high currents and is capable of operation at full rated power up to 100°C. The CSS/CSSH series allows operation up to temperatures of 275°C. In addition, market drivers for 1 W and higher current sense resistors continue to push for lower resistance values. The CSS/CSSH series is available in resistance values down to 0.25 mΩ.
- High power metal alloy current sense resistor
- Very low inductance (0.5 nH to 5 nH)
- High temperature performance: up to 275°C
- Excellent frequency response
- Low thermal EMF (<1 μV/C)
- Proprietary processing technique produces extremely low resistance values