Stackpole’s ASR and ASRM series of anti-surge metal film resistors are designed to withstand high voltage pulses. Working voltage for the ASR and ASRM ranges from 500 to 4000 V with overload voltage from 1500 to 5000 V. In addition, the ASR/ASRM can handle high-voltage capacitor discharges from 3 KV for the smaller sizes up to 10 KV for the larger. The ASR and ASRM also feature outstanding single and repetitive square pulse handling of up to 7000 W for short durations. These series are flameproof per UL94V-0.
The ASR and ASRM series are an ideal lower cost replacement for ceramic composition and carbon composition resistors where the pulse voltage capability of the resistor is critical or where the inherent inductance of wirewounds is undesirable. In addition, this series is popular for high-voltage power supplies, medical applications, plasma cutters, test systems, and circuit protection.
- 1/4 W up to 2 W power ratings
- 5% tolerance
- Max working voltage ratings from 500 V to 4000 V; overload voltage ratings from 1000 V to 5000 V
- Can withstand 10 discharges from a 0.01 μF capacitor charged up to as much as 10 KV
- Flameproof coating meets UL94V-0
- Pulse power handling up to 7000 W