Sanken's STA7130MPR series are driver ICs for driving unipolar-mode, 2-phase stepper motors. These drivers are designed for low-voltage (up to 44 V output) motor applications. The series provides a range of maximum output currents from 1 to 2 A in pin-compatible proprietary (model STA) packages, allowing system optimization with reduced printed circuit board requirements. The logic section provides four modes of operation; forward and reverse normal drive rotation, outputs-off free spin (coast), and electronic braking.
The innovative multi-chip internal structure separates the main logic IC (MIC) from the four-output N-channel power MOSFETs. This results in lower-thermal resistance and greater-efficiency. PWM control allows constant-current control of output while reducing heat generation and power losses by synchronous rectification. The rich set of protection features helps to realize low-component counts and high-performance-to-cost power management.
STA7130MPR Series: 2-Phase Stepper Motor Unipolar Driver ICs
- Power supply voltages, VBB: 46 V(max), 10 to 44 V normal operating range
- Maximum output currents: 1 A, 1.5 A, 2 A
- Clock-in drive between 2 phase and 2 W 1-2 step (full to eighth-step modes)
- Built-in detection resistance feature for motor-current detection
- Self-excitation PWM current control with fixed off-time; automatic 3-level PWM off-time shifting, based on the current setting ratio
- ZIP-type 18-pin molded package (STA package)
- All STA7130MPR series variants are pin-compatible
- Built-in synchronous rectification circuit reduces losses at PWM switching
- Synchronous PWM chopping function prevents motor noise in Hold mode
- Sleep-mode for reducing the IC input current in stand-by state
- Built-in protection circuitry against opens/shorts in motor coil