RECOM has significantly improved the existing features of the standard R-78 series with a much higher input voltage range of up to 42 VDC and double the output power in the same size case. The R-78C series offers 15 W/cm³ of power. Although the R-78C has the highest efficiency of 96% when the input/output voltage variance is only a few volts, it still can achieve 90% efficiency even with an input voltage of 30 V higher than the output voltage. The R-78C can deliver high efficiency over the entire input voltage range and with a nearly constant efficiency when the load varies between 20% and 100%.
- Very high efficiency: up to 96%
- Low profile case: 11.6 x 10.4 x 8.5 mm
- Continuous output current: 1 A
- Low standby current: 1 mA
- Ultra wide input voltage range: 5 to 42 VIN
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- SIP3 package compatible to TO-220 footprint