Power Integrations' LYTSwitch-0 family is specifically designed for non-isolated, non-dimming LED bulbs and T8 tube applications. LYTSwitch-0 devices integrate a 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, simple ON/OFF control scheme, high-voltage switched current source, cycle-by-cycle current limit, and thermal shutdown circuitry into a monolithic IC.
Start-up and operating power is derived directly from the voltage on the DRAIN pin, eliminating the need for a bias supply and associated circuitry.
The family delivers high efficiency (typically > 90%) and tight CC performance, and enables very compact cost-effective designs.
- Enables low component-count, non-isolated switching topologies for cost-competitive LED applications
- 66 kHz operation together with frequency jittering insures a very-low EMI filter cost
- Start-up and operating power are derived directly from the voltage on the DRAIN pin
- Accurate CC with tight line and load regulation that is stable over a wide temperature range
- Buck, buck-boost non-isolated flyback, and boost architectures are all supported