Phoenix Contact's ME PLC housing extends current housing range, providing a solution for designers and manufacturers of programmable controllers and control systems. Large PCB area, front-connection technology, and DIN rail bus connectors offer a high level of functionality. The ME PLC consists of a housing base with a design width of 40 mm x 159 mm tall, which translates to a substantial PCB footprint for designs that require complexity or larger components. Connection technology modules are supplied fully pre-assembled with spring, plug-in connectors.
An optional, user-interactive portion of the ME PLC is available for custom configuration. Located above the connection technology in the front of the housing, the user can obtain visual and/or diagnostic feedback such as LED indicators or LCDs.
These housings can also be combined with a DIN rail bus connector, available in two versions: a high-density 50-position connector, or a 10-position connector more suitable for bussing power.
Both bus connector versions are supplied as a mounting kit, e.g., without PCB and un-mounted. This makes it easy to integrate individual and application-specific PCB designs.
|Features and Benefits
- Front-connection technology for optimal I/O density
- Fixed or pluggable connections for user preference
- Hinged connection-module option for quick disconnect
- Snap-on universal cover for wire identification and termination protection
- DIN rail bus connector for power distribution and communication between adjacent modules/cards
- Design flexibility for complex electronics due to large available PCB real estate
- Controller systems
- Process technology
- Measurement and control technology
- Alarm and remote
- General control cabinet applications