Parallax XBee modules provide an incredibly versatile RF communication solution for BASIC Stamp and Propeller microcontroller projects, and this kit helps the customer get started. Ready to use for bi-directional, point-to-point communication in their default state, XBee modules can also support complex networking with additional configuration via serial commands sent from the microcontroller, or through Digi's free X-CTU software.
The tutorial introduces basic and advanced setups with XBee 802.15.4 projects you can do on your desktop. It features both BASIC Stamp (PBASIC) and Propeller (Spin) code examples, allowing you to see similar code running in both of these Parallax microcontrollers. Subjects include XBee testing and configuration, network topologies and communication strategies, and using XBee Reset, Sleep, and API modes.
- Getting Started with XBee RF Modules tutorial
- (3) 802.15.4 XBee 1 mW modules
- (2) XBee SIP adapter boards
- (1) XBee USB adapter board
- (2) XBee adapter boards
- Standard servo, pushbutton, piezo speaker, LEDs, and light sensor for I/O
- Capacitor, resistors, and jumper wires
- Adjustable power
- 3.3 V CMOS UART
- API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 2.4 GHz
- (7) 10-bit ADC inputs
- (8) digital I/O