The PAN4561 is an extended range 2.4GHz, 802.15.4 RF module from Panasonic. Modules may be configured from simple point-to-point proprietary devices to complex mesh networks by choosing from different firmware options.
Panasonic provides software solutions to deliver easily configured and highly reliable wireless solutions. SNAP® firmware provides unparalleled network flexibility and full access to the MCU via Python. This unique stack forms a self-healing 802.15.4 network while eliminating the requirement for a network coordinator further increasing network reliability. E-Senza's SN55 stack allows nearly instantaneous integration of sensors, devices and meters into a seamless low-power IEEE 802.15.4 wireless personal area network using simple AT commands. The module uses the same FreeScale eight bit GT60 processor as Panasonic's popular PAN4555 making the two products application compatible. The PAN4561 has 55 pins allowing access to the full functionality of the MC13213 SOC. Low noise and power amplifiers have been added to the PAN4561 for extended range. A maximum transmit power of 20 dBm and receive sensitivity of -105 dBm gives this module superior range with a link margin of 125 dBm.
Multiple antenna options are available including: ceramic antenna, SMD pad output, and UFL connector. This module will comply to EN300328, FCC CFR Part 15 and ARIB STD-T66. FCC and IC certifications are pending.
- Small size: 35 mm x 15 mm x 3.5 mm
- 16 selectable channels with 250 kbps in the 2.4 GHz band
- High sensitivity: -105 dBm typical at 1% packet error rate
- Low supply voltage (2.7 V to 3.3 v, 3.0 V typical)
- Link quality and clear channel assessment capability
- Two UARTS and one I2C bus
- 5 channel 16 bit timer/pulse width modulation (tpm) outputs
- 33 digital I/O lines with programmable pull-ups and several with high-current driver
- BDM port for direct download programming
- 3 antenna options: single port 50Ω, ceramic antenna or SMD output
- Low power modes for increased battery life
- 20 dBm typical output power programmable over 30 dB range
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- 60 k flash and 4 k RAM memory
- 8 channel A/D converter with 10 bit for fast and easy conversion from analog inputs (temperature, pressure and fluid levels) to digital values