Omron has used its experience as a specialist machine automation supplier to develop the CJ2. The result is an extremely reliable controller that is also a powerful example of their commitment to continuous improvement. Additionally, they offer one of the most diverse selections of accessories of a mid-level PLC.
Reduce setup time with Omron's vast selection of accessory modules that easily connect & lock together allowing the user to simply attach power, plug in a standard USB programming cable and begin programming. Add additional I/O, thermocouple inputs, analog inputs or plug on power supply with easy snap together functionality. The CJ2 is about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of many other PACs and PLCs in the market allowing smaller panel sizes which saves money and produces a smaller footprint. Omron supports a single connection to monitor and program all devices located locally or networked. This product allows for remote troubleshooting using the expandable Ethernet adaptor over a modem or the Internet can save thousands of dollars on travel and expenses and increase machine uptime.
- Five variations in program capacity from 5 K steps to 60 K steps.
- Faster processors; LD instruction execution time is reduced to 40 ns, floating point trigonometrics in less than 1 µs.
- Optional Pulse I/O Modules can be mounted to enable positioning functions for up to four axes. The module provides high-speed counters, interrupt inputs and pulse train/PWM outputs. (CJ2M CPU Units with Unit Version 2.0 or Later)
- Faster Function Block calls and execution faster interrupt handling, less overhead time.
- Added execution memory for Function Blocks allows structured, object-oriented programming even in entry-level CPUs.
- General-purpose Ethernet port supports Ethernet/IP tag-based data links, connection to Support Software, communications between PLCs, FTP data transfers, and more (CJ2M-CPU3x).
- Standard USB port on all models allows Support Software to connect directly through standard USB cable.
- A Serial Option Module can be mounted to add RS-232C or RS-422A/485 communications ports (CJ2M-CPU3x).
- Compatible with all existing CJ1 power supply-, I/O-, control- and communication units.