NXP Semiconductors presents the PBSM5240PF, an ultra-compact medium power transistor and N-channel Trench MOSFET housed in a leadless DFN2020-6 (SOT1118) plastic package. Measuring only 2 x 2 mm and with a height of just 0.65 mm, the DFN2020-6 (SOT1118) has been designed in response to the industry trend for miniaturization in high-performance consumer products such as mobile devices.
As one of the first power management solutions on the market to integrate a low VCE(sat) BISS transistor and Trench MOSFET into a 2-in-1 product, the PBSM5240PF saves space on the PCB, while delivering high electrical performance.
Compared to conventional solutions, which require two packages for the Breakthrough in Small Signal (BISS)/MOSFET solution, the PBSM5240PF offers a more than 50 percent reduction in footprint and more than 10 percent decrease in package height. Also, because the DFN2020-6 (SOT1118) package incorporates a heat sink, the device delivers 25 percent improved thermal performance, which leads to higher currents up to 2 A and less power consumption.
- Very low collector-emitter saturation voltage VCE(sat)
- DFN2020-6 package in 2 x 2 mm requires less Printed-Circuit Board (PCB) area
- High energy efficiency due to less heat generation
- High collector current capability IC and ICM
- High collector current gain (hFE) at high IC