The LPC11U6x family builds on the ease-of-use and design flexibility of NXP’s award-winning LPC11Uxx portfolio with a range of enhanced features, including a more energy-efficient ARM® Cortex™-M0+ core, significantly more flash and SRAM, more serial communications, a new 2-Msps ADC and more versatile timers. These additional features allow the LPC11U6x to tackle a wider range of applications in consumer, commercial and industrial markets such as metering and data collection, wired and wireless routing, handheld medical equipment, and PC/gaming accessories, among others.
The LPC11U6x family includes a USB device controller certified by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) and gives designers access to all the USB software, tools and shortcuts they need to simplify development and shrink time to market. Embedding the USB drivers in ROM cuts design time and reduces application program footprint while increasing reliability; and an on-chip PHY reduces the solution BOM and design complexity.
To support more demanding data and buffering requirements, as well as larger application code sizes, the LPC11U6x extends memory options by doubling flash to 256 KB and tripling SRAM to 36 KB. More rigorous I/O requirements are supported by expanded serial connectivity, including 5 USARTs, 2 I²Cs, 2 SPIs, and up to 80 GPIOs, along with a new 12-channel, 12-bit, 2-Msps ADC for higher bandwidth and higher-precision input.
LPC11U6x also include both standard and configurable timers/PWMs for advanced timing requirements. Higher operating temperatures (up to 105°C) make them suitable for more commercial and industrial environments.
Features and Benefits
- Low-power, 50 MHz ARM Cortex-M0+
- On-chip memory resources
- Up to 256 kB Flash
- Up to 36 kB SRAM
- 4 kB EEPROM with EEPROM ROM drivers
- Serial interfaces
- Full-speed USB device controller with integrated PHY
- Up to 5 USART, two I2C, two SSP
- Configurable PWM/timer subsystem for advanced control functions
- Analog features
- 12-bit ADC with 8/10/12 channels and 2 MHz conversion rate
- Integrated temp sensor for precise readings over entire range
- DMA engine with 16 channels and programmable input triggers
- Up to 80 GPIO with configurable ports
- ROM API support
- Boot loader
- Flash programming
- USB drivers and stacks
- USART, I2C, DMA
- Power profiles -32-bit divide
- Extended temp range of -40 to +105 °C
- Compact LQFP package
- Industrial control
- Home automation
- Portable systems