The CBTL05024 is a multiplexer/demultiplexer switch chip optimized to interface the Thunderbolt/MiniDP connector with Thunderbolt systems. It supports 10.3125 Gbit/s Thunderbolt or DisplayPort v1.2 channels.
The TB MUX is a 3:1 switch that selects between Thunderbolt data path and DisplayPort v1.2 side-band signals, either DDC or AUX.
The DP MUX is a 2:1 switch that selects between DP ML (DisplayPort Main Link) and LS TX/RX signals. Both LSTX and LSRX are the side-band signals for the Thunderbolt channel.
This chip also includes HPD and CA_DET buffers for HPD_IN and CA_DET control signals.
CBTL05024 is powered by a 3.3 V supply and it is available in a 3 mm x 3 mm HVQFN24 package with 0.4 mm pitch.
Features and Benefits
- The input of the HPD (Hot Plug Detect) buffer is 5 V tolerant
- HPDOUT and CA_DETOUT buffers
- CA_DET input leakage current < 0.1µA to prevent driving the 1 MΩ pull-down to a HIGH level
- Integrated LSRX buffer with 1 MΩ pull-down resistor (R1) on the LSRX buffer input
- Integrated 8.75 kΩ pull-up resistor (R4) on the LSTX pin
- When AUXIO_EN = 1, TB_ENA = 0 and DP_PD = 1, the CBTL05024 is in Detect mode
- AUXIO+ and AUXIO- of the TB MUX are disabled
- LS path is selected in DP MUX
- CA_DET and HPD buffers are on
- When the CBTL05024 is in Detect mode, this chip consumes < 18 µW
- Patent-pending high-bandwidth analog pass-gate technology
- Very-low intra-pair differential skew (5 ps typical)
- Back current protection on connector pins (AUXIO+/-, DPMLO+/-, CA_DET and HPD pins)
- All channels support rail-to-rail input voltage
- All CMOS input buffer with hysteresis
- Single 3.3 V ±10 % power supply
- HVQFN24 3 mm x 3 mm package, 0.4 mm pitch, exposed center pad for thermal relief and electrical ground
- ESD: 2000 V HBM, 1000 V CDM
- Operating temperature range -20°C to 85°C