NXP's LPC11C22 and LPC11C24 are integrated, high-speed CAN physical layer (PHY) transceivers and microcontrollers with easy-to-use, on-chip CANopen drivers. Offered as a unique system-in-package solution, the LPC11C22 and LPC11C24 with the integrated TJF1051 CAN transceiver, combine complete CAN functionality. CAN is recognized as a robust and reliable communication channel for rugged environments. With the introduction of the LPC11C22 and LPC11C24 integrated CAN transceiver microcontroller solution, NXP has opened the door for widespread adoption of low-cost CAN in an increasing variety of industrial and automation applications for factories, buildings, and in the home. Integrating the CAN transceiver on board increases system reliability and quality, reduces electrical interconnect and compatibility issues, and reduces board space by over 50 percent while adding less than 20 percent to the MCU cost. The LPC11C22 and LPC11C24 are the latest additions to the LPC11C00 series of CAN 2.0B-compliant controllers.
The CAN PHY is designed for up to 1 Mbit/s high-speed CAN networks and delivers optimal performance for industrial applications with state-of-the-art electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection, improved electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and low power operation. The LPC11C22/C24 CAN PHY is fully compliant with the ISO 11898-2 standard for two-wire balanced signaling and is optimized for sensor applications and rugged industrial CAN networks. High ESD handling capability on bus pins is combined with additional fail-safe features such as high DC handling capability on CAN pins, transmit data dominant time-out function, under-voltage detection, and thermal protection. Low- power management is fully integrated, and the transceiver can disengage from the bus when it is not powered up.
- 12 MHz internal RC oscillator with 1% accuracy over temperature and voltage
- Power-on-reset (POR); multi-level brown-out-detect (BOD); 10-50 MHz phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 8-channel high precision 10-bit ADC with ±1 LSB DNL
- 36 fast 5 V tolerant GPIO pins, high drive (20 mA) on select pins
- High ESD performance: 8 kV (transceiver)/6.5 kV (microcontroller)
- Low electromagnetic emission (EME) and high electromagnetic immunity (EMI) CAN transceiver
- 50 MHz cortex-M0 processor with SWD/debug (4 break-points)
- 32 KB/16 KB flash, 8 KB SRAM
- 32 vectored interrupts; 4 priority levels; dedicated interrupts on up to 13 GPIOs
- CAN 2.0 B C_CAN controller with on-chip CANopen drivers, integrated transceiver
- UART, 2 SPI and I²C (FM+)
- Two 16-bit and two 32-bit timers with PWM/Match/Capture and one 24-bit system timer