The nRF51822 Bluetooth® Smart Beacon Kit is a reference design that lets you explore the full range of development possibilities for beacons using Bluetooth Smart technology. It consists of a complete hardware and software solution that when used with our nRF Beacon App (available for both iOS v4.1 and Android v4.3), gives you everything required for designing a comprehensive beacon system.
It is ultra-compact at 20 mm in diameter and can run from CR1632 coin-cell batteries. The kit has two buttons which can be programmed to enable easy switching between modes and/or functionality, as well as an RGB LED which can be configured to indicate different events. Ten GPIO pins are available for expansion and the kit can be connected to an external programmer/debugger during development work. The nRF51822 Bluetooth Smart Beacon Kit also supports complete Over-The-Air (OTA) Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) for all firmware on the nRF51822 chip.
- Ultra-compact form-factor (20 mm diameter)
- Full OTA DFU for protocol stack and application
- 10 GPIO pins available on board
- 2 x buttons
- 1 x RGB LED
- Fully programmable
- Companion Apps available for iOS and Android (4.1/4.3)
- 1 x nRF51822 Bluetooth Smart Beacon Kit module
- Apps and source code available on nordicsemi.com