NKK Switches' MB2400 Series is a family of miniature, snap-acting, and snap-in mount pushbutton switches. The series provides a comprehensive array of options designed to suit any application requiring a unique combination of innovative design and aesthetic appeal at an affordable cost.
With four different bezel styles and seven standard bezel colors to choose from, design engineers can be creative in their configuration of MB2400 momentary-action devices. The bezel colors serve as frames to enhance both the appeal and functionality of the devices. There are three bezel options that feature built-in LEDs. Choices include one round LED, two round LEDs, or two rectangular LEDs. The LEDs enable MB2400 switches to be used to indicate status at a glance.
As another way of providing engineers with the opportunity to customize their MB2400 devices,11.5 mm square pushbutton caps are available in seven colors, and adding legends is a simple process with NKK offering a wide range of legend options. The series features a short stroke, light touch, and audible feedback, providing engineers with, not only a wide range of options, but high reliability as well. Mechanical life for the MB2400 switches is rated at 200,000 operations minimum.
The anti-jamming design of these miniature pushbuttons protects the contacts from damage due to any excessive downward force on the actuator. Additionally, prominent insulating barriers increase insulation resistance and dielectric strength. Furthermore, stainless steel construction resists corrosion, and the epoxy sealed terminals prevent the entry of flux and other contaminants.
These switches are available in single pole or double pole ON (ON) momentary circuits. Engineers can specify gold, silver, or gold over silver contacts. These devices are rated at 3 A at 125 V AC with silver contacts, 0.4 VA maximum at 28 V AC/DC with gold contacts, or both ratings when gold over silver contacts are specified. Terminal options include solder lug or straight PC. The MB2400 Series is rated UL94-V0 for flammability and meets UL and CSA standards.
- Anti-jamming design protects contacts from damage due to excessive downward force on the actuator
- High torque bushing construction prevents rotation or separation from frame during installation
- Prominent external insulating barriers increase insulation resistance and dielectric strength
- Epoxy sealed terminals prevent entry of solder flux and other contaminants
- Internal o-ring protects against contamination
- Snap-acting mechanism gives smooth actuation and audible feedback.
- Longer center solder lug terminal simplifies wiring and soldering
- Patented silver contacts of specially composed alloy for hardness.
- Stainless steel frame resists corrosion
- Short stroke and light touch