NKK Switches' KP series illuminated switch features a built-in red, red/blue/green, or super-bright, bicolor red/green LED that can be combined to create amber. The unique design of the switch ensures that illumination is evenly diffused throughout.
The switch’s square cap has a clear lens with a white diffuser and is offered in flat, sculptured, and home key styles as well as common 17.4 mm, 15 mm, and 12 mm sizes, further enabling design flexibility. A rectangular switch cap is also available. To facilitate the addition of a legend, the cap is constructed to accommodate laser etching and film inserts.
- Distinct, long total travel of .177" (4.5 mm) for KP01 or shorter stroke of .138" (3.5 mm) for KP02
- Red, red/blue/green, and red/green LEDs
- Specially designed snap-in standoff for simple and secure PC board mounting and alignment
- Unique actuation guide gives positive indication of circuit transfer as well as smooth and silent operation
- Choices of tactile, nontactile, or tactile/audible actuation
- Compact design with height of .906" (23.0 mm) from PC board to top of cap
- Flat, sculptured, or home key square caps in three common sizes for design flexibility in audio/video applications
- Twin contacts with gold plating assure high reliability and long life of 5,000,000 operations minimum
- Epoxy sealed terminals to lock out flux, dust, and other contaminants, plus standard PCB spacing of .100" (2.54 mm)