Newhaven Display International's line of multi-font displays feature an additional serial interface IC that has 50+ languages and 37 font tables. This multi-font IC contains ASCII, Unicode, and ISO8859 tables for flexibility and compatibility. The fonts featured are either fixed width or proportional width and can be read at a clock rate of up to 30 MHz.
When using this display line, the user’s MPU can communicate directly with this multi-font IC to read the font data strings and output the desired character onto the display. Using just a 4-wire SPI interface, the selected font data is read in vertical, structured bytes from the multi-font IC and is sent out to the display’s controller.
- Built-in SSD1322 controller
- Parallel or serial MPU interface
- Single, low-voltage power supply
- Multi-language fonts built in
- RoHS compliant
- Time saving - predefined font tables eliminates the need to create characters
- Cost saving built-in IC with more than 50 languages and 37 font tables eliminating the need for additional memory to hold multiple languages
- Easy to use standard font tables