Newhaven Display's OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) is a brighter, higher contrast display that has faster response times, wider viewing angles, and consumes less power than conventional VFD, LED or LCD Displays. OLED displays are self-illuminating and require no backlight for maximum visibility in all environments. This also allows OLEDs to be significantly thinner than standard VFD, LED or LCD displays. Newhaven Display offers character and graphic type OLED displays as complete, easy-to-use modules.
The Character OLED modules come in standard sizes and can be used as compatible replacements for LCD or VFD modules. They use a serial or parallel MPU interface and have LCD compatible instructions and four built-in font tables.
The Graphic OLED modules are easy to use, all-in-one designs. Most Graphic OLED displays require multiple high-voltage power supplies and external logic components. Newhaven Display's custom designed module boards for each Graphic OLED allow the user to have just one interface supply. The Graphic OLED module board has all the required external logic components, making it fast and easy to start using the displays.
- Fast response time: 10 μs
- Wide viewing angle: Up to 160°
- Thin designs
- High brightness
- Low power consumption
- Serial or parallel MPU interface
- Self-illuminated; no backlight necessary
- High contrast ratio: 2000:1
- Wide operation temperature: -40°C to +80°C
- Character module OLEDs include four built-in font tables
- Graphic module OLEDs include required external logic and voltages
- RoHS compliant