Murata announces the MGJ2 series of 2 W high-isolation dual-output DC/DC converters from Murata Power Solutions. These compact encapsulated devices are suitable for powering "high side" and "low side" gate drives in bridge circuits using insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) and MOSFETs. Offering basic and supplementary insulation, with an isolation test voltage of 5.2 kVDC and conforming to the internationally recognized safety standard UL60950 (pending), the MGJ2 series can provide a key element of the end-product’s safety insulation system.
Packaged in an industry-standard SIP format, they occupy a 1.96 cm² footprint and achieve a power density of 0.81 W per cm³. The series comprises 12 models offering nominal input voltages of 5, 12, 15, or 24 VDC. For each input voltage there are three-output-voltage combinations available: 15/-5 VDC, 15/-8.7 VDC, or 20/-5 VDC.
The converters have a characterized dv/dt immunity, suiting reliable operation in fast switching applications. Partial discharge performance is also optimized to give a long-service-life. The MGJ2 series has an extended operating temperature range of up to 100°C that suits industrial-grade temperature ratings. Typical applications include high-power AC/DC conversion, motor drives, and solar power inverters.
- Optimized bipolar-output voltages for IGBT/MOSFET gate drives
- Basic/supplementary insulation to UL 60950 pending
- UL60601 (3rd Ed) recognition pending
- Power density 0.81 W/cm³
- 5.2 kVDC isolation test voltage
- Ultra-low-coupling capacitance
- Footprint 1.96 cm²
- SIP package style 5 V, 12 V, 15 V and 24 V inputs 15 V/-5V, 15V/-8.7 V and 20 V/-5 V outputs
- Operation to 100°C
- Characterized dv/dt immunity
- Characterized partial discharge performance