Murata Power Solutions' BEI-15 series features a full 15 watt output in one square inch of board area. This isolated DC/DC converter family offers efficient regulated DC power for PCB mounting. The wide range 4:1 inputs on the 0.96" x 1.1" x 0.35" (24.4 x 27.9 x 8.9 mm) converters are either 9 VDC to 36 VDC (Q12 models) or 18 VDC to 75 VDC (Q48 models), which is ideal for battery-powered and telecom equipment. The industry-standard pinout fits its larger 1" x 2" converters. Fixed output voltages of ±5 VDC, ±12 VDC or ±15 VDC are regulated to within ±0.25 percent. Applications include small instruments, area limited microcontrollers, data communications equipment, remote sensor systems, and vehicle and portable electronics.
The BEI-15 series includes full magnetic and optical isolation with basic protection up to 2250 VDC (Q48 models) and 2000 VDC (Q12 models). For powering digital systems, the outputs offer fast settling to step transients and will accept higher capacitive loads. Excellent ripple and noise specifications assure compatibility to noise-susceptible circuits. For systems requiring controlled startup/shutdown, an external remote On/Off control may use a switch, transistor, or digital logic. A wealth of self-protection features helps these devices avoid both converter and external circuit faults. These include input under voltage lockout and overtemperature shutdown. The outputs current limit using the “hiccup” auto restart technique and the outputs are short-circuit protected. Additional features include output over voltage and reverse conduction elimination. The high efficiency offers minimal heat buildup and “no fan” operation.
- Small footprint DC/DC converter, ideal for high current applications
- Industry standard 0.96" x 1.1" X 0.35" open frame package and pinout
- Wide range input voltages 9-36 VDC and 18-75 VDC
- Bipolar ±5 V, ±12 V and ±15 V outputs
- Up to 15 watts or greater total output power with overtemperature shutdown
- Isolation up to 2250 VDC (basic), Q48 models
- High efficiency synchronous rectifier forward topology
- Usable -40 to 85°C temperature range (with derating)
- Assembly and attachment for RoHS standards
- Extensive self-protection shut down features
- Meets UL 60950-1, CAN/CSAC22.2 No. 60950-1, IEC60950-1, EN60950-1 safety approvals