Power and signal Picoflex connectors from Molex provide high-density solutions when flat-flexible connectors are not appropriate. Available in circuit sizes from 4 to 26, Picoflex connectors mate with 1.27 mm cables, a worldwide industry standard. Tested to the high-vibration and shock requirements of the automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics industries, Picoflex is ideal for use in such diverse applications as solar applications, weighing systems, vehicle infotainment, computer peripherals, telecommunications, and portable heart monitors. Picoflex connectors have a mated height of 6.40 mm for vertical-mating configurations, which is approximately 15% less than traditional 1.27 mm connector systems. A strong one-piece upper housing provides excellent cable retention and is ideal for small circuit-size applications. The high-reliability contact features a four-point interface with the cable and two points of contact between the header and receptacle. Picoflex also offers polarization to both the PCB, and between the female connector and header. Plating options available include tin, gold, or palladium nickel with gold flash. Application tooling is available. Molex has expanded the Picoflex family to include reverse-footprint SMT headers. They are available with and without latches and in optional high-temperature plating.
|Features and Benefits
- Standard through-hole, vertical header suitable for wave-soldering
- Vertical, through-hole header manufactured in high-temperature nylon 4/6 for IR compatibility
- Pure SMT friction-lock header version of the standard 90325 series provides high-temperature material with SMT tails
- Reverse PCB footprint SMT headers; compatible with Tyco’s Micro-MaTch series 188275
- Alternative energy sources