Mill-Max's 829 series single-row, right-angle strips are the perfect solutions for applications calling for spring-loaded connections that lie parallel to the PC boards. Spring-loaded connectors (SLC) are commonly used to provide high quality battery interface connections. These connectors are also used in applications such as board-to-board interconnects and blind mate assemblies. The 829 series low profile, right angle connectors are ideal for the small packaging requirements of hand-held devices, especially where vertical space is limited. Offering all the superior characteristics of Mill-Max's other spring-loaded products, the 829 series has an increased mid-stroke distance of .045" (1.14 mm) – more than double most standard series product. With tails bent at right angles and locating pegs on the insulators, 829 series connectors are installed as through-hole components, providing secure connections to PC boards. These SLCs are suitable for hand, intrusive reflow, or wave soldering. Rated at 2 A continuous, 3 A peak per pin, the 829 series is offered with up to 10 positions per strip.
- Modular contacts for use on .100" grid, available in a height of .294”, supplied in single contact strips
- Precision-machined piston/base and gold plated components assure a 1,000,000 min. cycle life
- Pistons have a .045" mid stroke and .090" max stroke
- Low resistance, high current contacts rated at 2 A continuous, 3 A peak
- High temperature thermoplastic insulators are suitable for wave and reflow soldering processes
- 829 series contact strips are designed for manual placement into Ø .032±.003" plated-thru-holes in the circuit board prior to hand, wave, or reflow soldering