The PIC32 Starter Kit provides a low-cost, modular development system pre-loaded with demo software for Microchip's new line of 32-bit microcontrollers.
The kit includes everything needed to write, program, debug and execute code on a high performance PIC32 microcontroller. It is expandable through a modular expansion interface, which allows the user to extend its functionality. From the over 35 source code examples to the getting started project, users quickly learn Microchip's 32-bit family of microcontrollers and development tools.
The preprogrammed example code on the PIC32MX MCU has been included on the PIC32MX Starter Kit CD-ROM for future reference. All project files have been included, so that the code may be used directly to restore the PIC32MX MCU on the Starter Kit to its original state (i.e., if the sample device has been reprogrammed with another program), or you can use the tutorial code as a platform for further experimentation.
The PIC32 family maintains the PIC microcontroller heritage of ease of use and compatibility. The PIC32 products are pin, peripheral and software compatible with Microchip's 16-bit PIC MCU families and also across the PIC32 MCU family.
|Board Functionality and Features
- PIC32MX360F512L 32-bit microcontroller
- Green power-indicator LED
- Regulated +3.3V power supply for powering the Starter Kit
board via USB or expansion board
- On-board crystal for precision microcontroller clocking (8 MHz)
- USB connectivity for on-board debugger communications
- PIC18LF4550 USB microcontroller for on-board debugging
- Orange Debug indicator LED
- Three push-button switches for user-defined inputs
- Three user-defined indicator LEDs
- Connector for connecting various expansion boards
(on the underside of board)
- PIC32MX Starter Kit Board
- USB MINI-B cable
- PIC32 Starter Kit Installation CD-ROM, containing:
- User's Guide
- Data Sheet for the PIC32MX family
- PIC32MX Family Reference Manual
- PIC32MX Peripheral Library Manual
- Schematics and PCB drawing files
- Code examples for use with the PIC32MX devices