The MCP9501/2/3/4 family of devices includes temperature switches with ± 1°C (typical) accurate factory set output thresholds. These devices are ideal for high-power supply systems where an over-temperature protection circuit is needed. These devices do not require external components, consume 25 µA (typical), and factory-set thresholds provide simplicity.
In addition, the MCP9501/2/3/4 family of devices provides user selectable 2°C and 10°C (typical) switch hysteresis, and various output configurations. The MCP9501/2 outputs switch for rising temperatures while the MCP9503/4 switch for falling temperature, with the relative hysteresis at the set thresholds. This family of devices is also available with Active-High Push-Pull and Active-Low Open-Drain outputs, the MCP9502/4 and the MCP9501/3, respectively. The Push-Pull output is ideal for a microcontroller interface while the Open-Drain output can be used for level shifting, wired-OR configuration, or as a heater on/off switch.
The MCP9501/2/3/4 operates from 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. This family is available with a space saving 5-lead SOT-23 package.
- Factory set temperature switch
- Available Temperature Switch Thresholds:
TSET = -35°C,-25°C, -15°C, -5°C, 5°C, 15°C, 25°C, 35°C, 45°C, 55°C, 65°C, 75°C, 85°C, 95°C, 105°C, 115°C, 125°C
- Wide operating voltage range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low Supply Current: 25 µA (typical)
- Temperature switch accuracy:
± 1°C (typical)
± 4°C (maximum) -15°C to +75°C: MCP9501/3/4
± 6°C (maximum) -40°C to +125°C: MCP9501/3/4
- Switch threshold options (Hot/Cold):
- Rising Temp.: MCP9501/2 (Hot Option)
- Falling Temp.: MCP9503/4 (Cold Option)
- Output Configuration Options:
- Active Low, Open-Drain Output: MCP9501/3
- Uses external pull-up resistor
- Active-high, push-pull output: MCP9502/4
- User Selectable Hysteresis: 2°C or 10°C (typical)
- 5-lead SOT-23 package