As more electronic applications require low-power or battery power, energy conservation becomes paramount. Today’s applications must consume little power, and in extreme cases, last for up to 15-20 years, while running from a single battery. To enable applications like these, Microchip has introduced nanoWatt XLP™ Technology. Extreme low-power microcontrollers featuring nanoWatt XLP™ Technology offer one of the industry's lowest currents for sleep, where extreme low power applications spend 90-99% of their time.
|Benefits of nanoWatt XLP™ Technology
- Sleep/power-down current down to 20 nA
- Brown-out reset down to 45 nA
- Watch-dog timer down to 400 nA
- Real-time clock/calendar down to 500 nA
Related Product Information
- Battery applications and portable devices
- Utility meeting, asset tracking, electronic locks, portable medical, smoke/CO2 detectors, irrigation systems, security systems/sensors, remote keyless entry
- Green initiatives
- Compliance with regulations, appliances, home electronics
- Energy harvesting
- Wireless switches, battery-less sensors, condition-based maintenance and a variety of applications based on energy harvested from mechanical vibrations, solar cell etc.