The MPLAB® starter kit for digital power from Microchip allows the user to easily explore the capabilities and features of the dsPIC33F GS digital power-conversion family. It is a digitally-controlled power supply board that consists of one independent DC/DC synchronous Buck converter and one independent DC/DC Boost converter. Each power stage includes a MOSFET-controlled 5 W resistive load. The starter kit includes an on-board debugger/programmer.
The dsPIC33FJXXGSXXX SMPS and Digital Power Conversion 16-bit Digital Signal Controller offer features supporting common, multi-loop digital switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), and other digital power-conversion applications such as AC to DC and DC to DC converters, Power Factor Correction (PFC), uninterruptible power supply (UPS), inverters, embedded power-supply controllers, circuit breakers, arc fault detection, and digital lighting.
- dsPIC33FJ09GS302 – Low-cost 16-bit digital power-conversion DSC
- LCD display for voltage, current, temperature and fault conditions
- On-board in-circuit debugger/programmer via USB
- One synchronous Buck converter power stage
- One Boost converter power stage
- On-board programmable resistive loads
- On-board temperature sensor
- Compact design – 4” x 2.5” board
- Powered via 9 V power supply (included)