Microchip's SY88149NDL is a high-sensitivity, burst-mode capable limiting post amplifier designed for Optical Line Terminal (OLT) receiver applications. It satisfies the strict timing restrictions of the GPON standards by providing ultra-fast Loss-of-Signal (LOS) or Signal-Detect (SD) output. Auto Reset and Manual Reset options are provided to control LOS/SD output timing. For increased flexibility, this device also includes an option to select between LOS or SD output. The device can be connected to burst-mode capable transimpedance amplifiers (TIAs) using AC or DC coupling.
The SY88149NDL also features a selectable proprietary Noise Descriminator that aids by filtering out input signals that do not qualify as a 1.25 Gbps GPON preamble signal in the initial startup phase. This feature minimizes false SD Asserts that can be triggered by random noise.
The SY88149NDL operates from a single +3.3 V power supply, over temperatures ranging from -40°C to +85°C. With its wide bandwidth and high gain, signals up to 1.25 Gbps and as small as 5 mVpp can be amplified to drive devices with LVPECL inputs.
- < 5 ns SD assert (LOS deassert) time
- Option to AUTO RESET or manual RESET LOS/SD output
- Selectable LOS/SD output option
- High-sensitivity LOS/SD signal detect
- Low-noise LVPECL data outputs
- Squelching function to maintain output stability
- Programmable LOS/SD level set (LOS/SDLVL)
- 5 mVpp input sensitivity
- 1.25 Gbps operation
- Single 3.3 V power supply
- GE-PON/GPON OLT
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Fibre Channel
- OC-3/12/24 SONET/SDH
- High-gain line driver and line receiver
- Low-gain TIA interface