The SY56011R is a fully differential, low voltage 1.2 V/1.8 V/2.5 V CML 1:2 Fanout Buffer with input equalization. The SY56011R can process clock signals as fast as 4.5 GHz or data patterns up to 6.4 Gbps.
The differential input includes Microchip’s unique, 3-pin input termination architecture that interfaces to CML differential signals, without any level-shifting or termination resistor networks in the signal path. The differential input can also accept AC-coupled LVPECL and LVDS signals. Input voltages as small as 200 mV (400 mV pp) are applied before the 9", 18" or 27" FR4 transmission line. For AC-coupled input interface applications, an internal voltage reference is provided to bias the VT pin. The outputs are CML, with extremely fast rise/fall times guaranteed to be less than 80 ps.
The SY56011R operates from a 2.5 V ±5% core supply and a 1.2 V, 1.8 V or 2.5 V ±5% output supply and is guaranteed over the full industrial temperature range (-40°C to +85°C). The SY56011R is part of Microchip’s high-speed, Precision Edge® product line.
- 1.2 V/1.8 V/2.5 V CML 1:2 Fanout Buffer
- Equalizes 9, 18, 27 inches of FR4
- Guaranteed AC performance over temperature and voltage:
- DC-to > 6.4 Gbps Data throughput
- DC-to > 4.5 GHz Clock throughput
- < 280 ps propagation delay ( IN-to-Q)
- < 15 ps within-device skew
- < 80 ps rise/fall times
- Ultra-low jitter design
- High-speed CML outputs
- 2.5 V ±5% V CC , 1.2 V/1.8 V/2.5 V ±5% V CCO power supply operation
- Industrial temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Available in 16-pin (3 mm x 3 mm) MLF® package
- SONET clock and data distribution
- Fibre Channel clock and data distribution
- Gigabit Ethernet clock and data distribution
- Test and measurement
- Enterprise networking equipment
- High-end servers
- Metro area network equipment